Tuesday, April 11, 2006

There is a constant flutter in my stomach these days

The butterflies of Manipura are all ablaze

A constant knowing that the wheels are turning

Direction unknown, in anticipation burning

It’s a little foolish all this adrenalin

A heady rush, an urge to begin

But what? I don’t quite know

And if I do, the knowing’s below

How then to talk to an elusive self

Cajole a siren to reveal herself

What do I know that is just hinted to me

Is it my hearts matter or a voyage at sea?

But my enchantress siren is wedded to time

Her loyalties were never, never will be mine

So I wait for her lord to give up the sign

To reveal to me the things in line

Until then I will play with patience

She is a dull child and we’ll stay right within the fence.

3 comments:

the One said...

Very nice. If one might somewhat sanctimoniously add:

Play with Patience, of course, try to enjoy the game
For Patience and the Siren might be one and the same.

Shweta said...

That just could be,
Insightful One
I do see, I do see
What can’t be helped must be done
So then! Patience, me and a cup of tea

Sheetal said...

The butterflies of Manipura are all ablaze
I like.