Friday, February 24, 2006

The times they are a-changin’. Nai boletho really kya!

If you had asked me yesterday to picture a TCE (those ticket inspector chappies on trains) it would have been a middle-aged, matte-haired, slightly thick-middled, sternish person with a bottle-brush moustache.
Everything has changed today.
Let me introduce you to today’s TCE. He’s 6’2 ish, youngish, with stylishly cut hair, has a body that would seriously challenge a bollywood starlet (is that what they call the male ones too?) and wears a peach/orange T shirt and very well-fitting jeans. Aur boletho, he even has a well-modulated voice and a nice air of reserve. What say huh? I been noticing prettier railway junctions and they say it’s a great railway budget. Do you think our Man is behind this new improved model?
What newnesses new days bring us, no? Can’t complain.

5 comments:

the One said...

Well, one kind of liked those sternish uncleji types. So there.

Sheetal said...

Yes, indeed - I'm at my grimiest on train journeys and it would be too bad if we had to smarten up for these dudes. Oh, the pressure - no give us uncleji.

Anonymous said...

I have nothing against the unclejis but I am all for change and progress:-) Hey shweta, how about we travel together sometime?! Priya

Sheetal said...

Yeah right! Between Kondapur and Secunderabad, why not? I can't tell you how silly this is: you'll be in Hyd and not next door! Grrrrr

Anonymous said...

Pri mo the last time we considered running away together, do you remember where our planning took us?
Considering that, Kondapur is not bad.