Sunday, February 19, 2006

Account for neurosis (not sure I can)

Did I say people, people? In plural? I was right. Another one today. Journeys leave especially vulnerable to these inflictions on my nerves. I figure it is being trapped into one frame that leaves me inescapably, acutely and agonizingly aware of it.
Uncle in Safari suit. Has air of man who is used to travel. Probably does this route a lot, if not daily. Had thrown in his handkerchief through the window onto the seat to reserve his seat. Hmmm… Came in, wrote down a couple of notes in diary, presumably about day's transactions. Seemed reasonably satisfied. Now, opens book and prepares to enjoy himself. I like this well-prepared, nice organized businessman, I tell myself. Least likely co-passenger to demand my jealously guarded Bisleri Bada. He dozes on and off and I look on indulgently. That is, till I spot it!
A sticker on his reading glasses. Aargh! What kind of man does not remove a manufacturer's label from a two inch eyeglass? For heavens sake, I wear glasses, and quite a few water stains and such have given me nightmares of glaucoma.
Now I am not so sure about this man. I think his choice of book is all wrong. Some nonsense self-help type and I quite sure it has small print. Safari suit a bit too snug for a sensible man to wear on a journey. Plus I don’t think he has enough on his mind – He stares sillily… above those glasses.

6 comments:

Sheetal said...

hee hee. There is no escape for the sharp-eyed, paapa - you must bubble wrap on journeys. Anywhere where there are more than six persons gathered, in fact.
But, wait a min, manufacturer's label on top of glass aa?

Anonymous said...

you mean manufacturers label was still stuck on the lens?..!!!!! most irritating ..

Shweta said...

Yaah! man can you beat that?

Anonymous said...

well something that would come close is sticking plaster that takes itself too seriously..sticking to everything.

footloose said...

oh how u crack me up, vyas :D

Shweta said...

footloozila!! baccha so you have surfaced? great bhai, i was getting worried again.