Wednesday, May 27, 2009

In the mood for rain


They promised us rain today. The 27th of May they said. And here I find myself, on the terrace, before and beyond the sunset, awaiting it like a lover.

The clouds came in as I watched, a thunderclap or two, I thought I felt a drop on my knee... no rain. The breeze is heavier as it brushes past my brow, colours thicker, the sounds stiller surely? Where is the rain?

Oh to be in a rainy mood with no rain!

I read to myself poetry as all good lovers do, with half a good mind.

8 comments:

Sharada said...

Arre, of course it rained near secretariat for a good half an hour. Some twenty of us twenty-somefinks got drenched and played old school games like chain-cut and statue! etc.

But haven't the "three days and Kerela shall see monsoons" prophecy by the Mets passed? One more week then of waiting...

Shweta said...

So it's been raining on the sly then?
But yes, it must have been one of our own heat-exhausted everyday cumuluses and not the much-watched-for monsoon.

footloose said...

may gaya, june aaya, aila ka bachha bhi ho gaya. where is the rain, dude?

Shweta said...

Aai shapath! ye Aila ne hamaari waat laga di. Mach-mach karke monsoon nigal gayee.

Space Bar said...

now? (of course it made it's date with the 7th and will now leave us until next month).

Shweta said...

Yesterday was a good day wasn't it? All things kept their date with destiny. Now I hope there is no abandoning, but if there is, I hope it returns on the 5th of July.

Space Bar said...

:D that only will happen. sigh.

Sheetal said...

Oho, 5th of July being men's finals at W! wah how intricate our lives are.