Thursday, June 01, 2006

Would you hold on a minute while I buy this tea?

Pause, not judge, nor focus, just let me be

Can we pretend please that it’s the only brand on the shelf?

I just like tea and so I buy it to please myself

Can we please not create a lifestyle around a thing

Build a life around associations and belonging

It’s not the books I read, or the views I hold

Not my religion, my geometry or my mould,

The things I like or those I loathe

I could love two people and hate them both

It’s not these things that make me me

It’s not my thoughts that are my key

If there is a me, she’s strewn between

In the lag of reaction, in the action unseen

Not in the raging moods, poses and attitudes

Not in my considered arguments or my platitudes

It’s not in what you get or even in what you see

But in the second after I wake before I am me

So if perchance you do really want to know

Can we just travel together with a coffee to go?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yus! Why not. Who is paying ?

LAK said...

Hey, I really liked this--and I'm usually not touched by verse!