Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Moon blues

Oooooooo I would go and do something like this! Of all the days in the year to go and admire the moon, it had to be today. Most years I make it a point not to get out after dark on Vinayak Chauthi. If I do, I assiduously study the paving on the road. This year I plain forgot. After about thirty seconds of contemplating the lovely things clouds do to moons, a nigglet crept up. With a slap of the forehead I had it.

My mother who should have rightfully warned me in advance says she did not do so because it might have Freudian-pressured me into doing exactly what I should not.

Anyway it was done, and what cannot be undone should be remedied.

So for the fourth or fifth time in my life I reminded myself that-


The Lion killed Prasena

Jambhuvantha killed the Lion

Thus the little boy need not cry

He can have the Shyamanthakamani


This is an additional precaution: I would remind all my acquaintance that Krishna did not kill Prasena and I probably did not do any of the wicked things you might imagine I did this year. Remember 'twas only the moon.


P.S You do all know that if you look at the moon on VC you will probably be suspected of some horribly thing of which you are entirely innocent, right?



4 comments:

Ludwig said...

> Of all the days in the year
> to go and admire the moon,
> it had to be today.

In your defence, it was a very pretty moon.

> You do all know that if you
> look at the moon on VC you
> will probably be suspected
> of some horribly thing of
> which you are entirely
> innocent, right?

Didn't know this. In any case, I'm never entirely innocent of anything.

Shweta said...

Ludwig Moonface: Ha! Always did know you were a wicked godless sort.
Even if you know your moons.
P.S Trust the moon is truly on the wane?

Sheetal said...

Did you! Oh no!
Of course, this was waiting to happen. Best to have it done with.

Shweta said...

Satal, true. Now I will just engage to have a quiet year.