Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Foreboding

Rag-o-pai mein jab uthare zahar-e-gham tab dekhiye kya ho
Abhi tho talkhi-e-kaam-o-dahan ki aazamaish hai
- Mirza Ghalib

On a related mood

So far so good,
All under the hood,
But what if it raises its head?
Without my will or anything said.
What if I am caught unaware,
Wrapped in its dreamlike snare
Now I’m ok, next I am not
Tying me in – the Dementor’s knot
Loss of will, sleep pervades,
Quiet panic, goodness fades
The memory of it chills my veins
Might I wash it away next it rains?

2 comments:

deewaan said...

That's one of Mirza's best ones, isn't it?

"So far so good..." is really a very classy piece! So oblique and 'unsaid'...yet what a dire sense of misgiving and disquietude it creates. And the way it ends is just...haunting!

Your own?

Shweta said...

Hey much thanks!
And this sher is really neat nai? I love the way it sounds.