Saturday, July 02, 2005

How often I get the feeling that they’ve got the wrong person….
Not this, not her - not me
Can you be too good an actor?
So good that you can’t turn it off?
So involved that you can’t hear the call
Never see the curtain fall
The stage is a maze, all acts set on a single plane
It’s dark and you have to feel your way through,
But the lines never get mixed up, never.
Yet there are others to come, a new act - a different character and no protagonist
Where is she? Who is she?
The role’s not scripted.
She has to find herself between the lines, and maybe define an identity.
Or perhaps, Stupid! the point is to be not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! Didn't think of you as the poet -- don't ask me why. Do I see a book in your shimmery future?
Can't wait for more...
Priya